Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 27, 2010

A quick and easy Mexican fix


Week 8  (February 23, 2010)
This Wednesday was turning out to be a busy one. I worked late, went to the gym and had to prepare a potluck item for Thursday, so I needed a quick and easy recipe for tonight's dinner. Since we occasionally like to have breakfast for dinner, I found a recipe for skillet-poached huevos rancheros. Let me tell you, this was the easiest and quickest thing to make ever!

All you need is a skillet and three main ingredients for this dish: eggs, your favorite salsa and black beans.
Then you cover it for a few minutes and the steam poaches the eggs! Amazing!
Garnish (or not) with a sprinkle of cheese, sour cream, cilantro and green onions. Voilà, the dish is done. This took less than 10 minutes to make and was pretty darn yummy. We rated it an average of 7.5 (Mayra: 7, Geoffrey: 8).

2 comments:

  1. mmm, that looks good though I'm waiting for a 10 rated recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too:) I think the closest we've gotten is the shredded beef and the french toast!

    ReplyDelete