Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 5, 2010

American Idol predictions


Geoffrey and I are big fans of American Idol, the show. We'd never buy a cd or check out the concerts, but we will spend hours and hours of our time watching this show, texting for our favorite contestants and critiquing it.

After listening to the Top 24 20 sing "live" this week (I meant to publish this post last week!), here are my favorites this season (always subject to change depending on how annoying they get):

The Good
Girls
Siobhan Magnus (I call her Chrissy, cause she looks like one of Geoff's soccer teammates names Chrissy)
Katelyn Epperly (She reminds me of Sandy from Grease, love the crazy hair)
Crystal Bowersox (dreadlock/coffeehouse girl, has a GREAT voice)

Boys
Casey James (nice face, nice bluesy voice)
Alex Lambert (underdog with a good voice, I just want to give him a hug and tell him things will be ok)
Andrew Garcia (representing "the hood" and "the Latinos")

Diversity
When I found out that 4 of the Top 24 were Latinos (or at least their last names sounded Latino, racist of me, I know), I was shocked, especially since we've come to know this show as a different name which I will not repeat here. I thought, "good for you American Idol, diversifying!" But, I should have known better. After the first week, half were eliminated. After week two, another one was eliminated. One Latino left. Oh well, guess I spoke too soon. Again.

Ellen
I am enjoying Ellen's addition to the judging panel. She is freakin' hilarious sometimes. Every time she talks, I picture her as Doris, from Finding Nemo. I keep thinking she is going to forget what she said and start all over again. Seriously though, I like that she is not in the music industry and offers a normal everyday people opinion (she's already compared the contestants to bananas and snuggies). And she is nice, even when she is being mean. Love her.

Who's your favorite Idol this season?

1 comment:

  1. i really like Alex. I hope he stays in the competition for a while so people can see how talented he is!

    ReplyDelete