Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh Sandy!

Can I tell you that I am just sooooo excited that Sandra Bullock is finally getting the recognition she deserves? Even though it has been 15 years since her breakout role in Speed (yes, 15 years!), she is just now getting noticed for her talent and box office pull. I just read that she is in the first movie ever "driven solely by a top female star" to break $200 million! She received not one but TWO Golden Globe nominations this year and there is talk that she might be a Best Actress Oscar nominee for her role in the Blind Side! On top of that she is beautiful, relatable, funny, silly and just the kind of girl you would want as a friend. I heart her! In her honor, I am listing my Top 5 favorite Sandy movies of all time (to date, may I add).

Drum roll please...

5) While You Were Sleeping: Who didn't want to work in a subway token booth and get proposed to by Bill Pullman?

4) The Proposal: Sandy looks great in a suit and without (hehe, her first nude scene was classically Sandra!). Great chemistry with Ryan Reynolds that actually made me like him a bit. I was pleasantly surprised by this movie.

3) Two Weeks Notice: Sandy and Hugh both have wonderful comedic timing. I loved their back and forth bantering. It was like watching an old married couple. Loved when she ordered the Chinese food...for one.

2) Miss Congeniality: "You think I'm gorgeous... You want to kiss me... You want to hug me... You want to love me... You want to smooch me... You want to hug me" Need I say more?

1) Hope Floats: Hopeful, inspiring, romantic and heartbreaking all in one. My all-time favorite. Great soundtrack. Plus Harry Connick Jr. as Justin Matisse, Matisse, Matisse... Yum. "What? Is there like a coaster stuck to my... butt or something?"

I have yet to see the Blind Side, but will go out there and add another $10 to her record breaking movie! You should too!

3 comments:

  1. you forgot about Demolition Man. She was good in that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me ... Hope Floats is my all time favorite too :) And you'll LOVE LOVE LOVE Blind Side. Such a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will go watch it tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete