Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 8, 2010

Inspired by Julie and Julia

Geoffrey and I watched Julie and Julia the other night and we were so inspired by it that we decided to cook one new meal a week. Wednesday has now been deemed the "new meal night" in our household. We will be switching off every week, with one of us is in charge of finding a new recipe, buying the ingredients and cooking it for the other.

Week 1
(January 6, 2010)
Since it was Geoffrey's inspirational idea, he started us off with bruschetta (not new, but always a good starter) and for the main course a kale and white bean soup. The bruschetta was very spicy, but that was due to the 4 raw garlic cloves Geoff used (I know, crazy!). The soup was OK, but it needed a little more flavor/spice. Overall, we gave this night's dinner an average of 4.5 out of 10 (Mayra: 4; Geoffrey:5).

If you have any recipes to recommend, please send them my way and perhaps it will be featured here in the future!

3 comments:

  1. i put Orzo pasta in it, but i think i put too much. too pasta-y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I love this idea!!! I've been trying new recipes from a book t got me for christmas. Ummm, I will recommend a recipe I plan to try soon, if you end up making it lemme know how it goes!

    nymag.com/restaurants/recipes/inseason/48918

    ReplyDelete